Friday, May 2, 2014

Critter and 88th night ;

Liking this post to  "Saturday's critters"

*Capibara and hot-spring*
          I've never seen capibara until I visited city park's small animal section.
  My pictures were not so good with cages, but I found it bearable in the freebie frame. 

Here is the video from you-tube that capibaras are enjoying hot-spring. When I spotted them in the park, I remembered the video I've seen on tv. They look SO relaxed taking a bath in the old Japanese type basin. I have a vague memory my mother used wooden basin like this for laundry more than half a century ago :-) 





*Tonight is 88th night, 八十八夜*       (posted; Japanese culture page)
I love green tea;
A cup of Shincha (first flush) tea which harvested on the 88th day after Spring Equinox is believed to bring a person a year of good health. Might be as the weather gets mild (no frost) and about time all the plants and vegetation are beginning to spring up. Now there are some tea picking events in Japan.  Haha, my mother used to buy 新茶 Shincha for this day.  A cup of green tea helps me to start a day and inevitable morning drink.

Thank you very much for stopping by 
In Japan we are having 4 consecutive holidays now, have a great weekend;


18 comments:

  1. happy and blessed 88th day!

    the capibara is such a unique animal! a huge rodent that looks like a cross between a deer, beaver and rat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww capibaras are so adorable! The video that they enjoy hot spring is way too cute!
    I love green tea, too, but not sure if I've tried Shincha ever. In the morning, I need coffee but I drink green tea after lunch :-)
    Happy Friday and have a great weekend, Miyako san!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Miyako San!
    You are enjoy with lovely holiday and you love Shincha and Otosama to
    animal section to same as Hot spring
    both of you brighten your heart.
    Have a lovely time with Otosama!
    We has raining for almost everyday!
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Miyako,
    Your photos of the Kapybara in a cage looked good! But the video you posted is hilarious. Those rodents are huge and they seem to be rather smart the way they enjoyed their hot spring bathing pleasure. Closing their eyes and almost falling asleep.
    Lovely tealeaf picking and I do love green tea but not for breakfast as that is my only coffee time and for the rest of the day green tea.
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Miyako Love this pot and the video is hilarious. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen a Capibara before, love the video.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Miyako, I hope you are enjoying your holidays! The Capibara is a cute critter. Love the video of them in the hot tub.. I love the hot green tea too. Thank you for linking up with my critter party. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello dearest Miyako,
    the Capibaras are so sweet, like bigger guinea pigs :o) and the photos in the flower-frames look really good!
    Green tea: It seems that every culture has it special kind of "drug" to start into the day - I'm not able to get awake without coffee ;o)) But I'm sure green tea is more healthy!
    Lots of Austrian hugs,
    Traude
    ✿ܓ✿ܓ✿ܓ✿ܓ✿ܓ✿ܓ

    ReplyDelete
  9. °º。✿✿° ·.

    Moro perto de um parque ecológico onde as capivaras vivem livres.
    Já tive oportunidade de fotografá-las e chegar perto delas.
    Suas fotos estão maravilhosas e muito artísticas.

    Ótimo mês de maio, com muitas alegrias.

    Bom fim de semana!
    Beijinhos.

    °✿⊱º°。♪

    ReplyDelete
  10. those capibaras are adorable... loved that video... i've heard green tea is good for the body... hope all is well. have a great day~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 88th day! Those critters are cute and I like the frames.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Miyako ~ Wonderful critter photos and creative presentation and so glad you are enjoying your green tea ~ Elegant post for SC ~ xoxo

    artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw a capybara once with my dad...huge, he was! I love how you framed the photos and dressed him up. :) Enjoy your holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They're very cute critters, but I've never seen them bath like this before. Happy holidays and enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are very cute and unique critters. Enjoy your holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Capibaras are funny animals. The photo of the tee field is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have only seen a capabara once in a nature park/zoo in Arizona ... they are such different animals and that video was so funny.

    Happy 88th Day. I need a cup of coffee every morning... but a cup of green tea is much more healthful.

    Enjoy the Holiday Season.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have seen those little animals at our zoo... Michelle

    ReplyDelete